Monday, December 28, 2009

AND she's gonna be PICKY??

So now that Ella is nearly 15 months, she's recently decided that she's going to become a picky eater...as if feeding her just weren't challenging enough! While finding things that she CAN eat has become easier, finding things she WILL eat is a whole other story. Currently, she will eat:
- Cherrybrook Kitchens GF Dreams pancakes
- GF bread with melted goat cheese
- goat milk yogurt
- oatios (no more than a few at a time & ONLY if they're mixed with raisins)
- sweet potatoes (if I happen to catch her in the right mood)
- fruit -- any kind of fruit: berries, melon, apples, pears, peaches, grapes, bananas
- raisins

If you're keeping track, you will notice the large gaping hole in the vegetable division. I'm trying very hard to not get too frustrated over this. Hubby keeps trying to convince me this has everything to do with the fact that she's working on her molars. If that's the case, I'm just not clear on how raisins and oatios are more tolerable on the swollen gums than say, oh I dunno...steamed carrots? I guess I should be glad that she's at least eating fruit and hope that the fact that she's still getting breastmilk and taking a multi-vitamin will make up for any nutritional gaps. In the meantime, I'll just have to keep putting those veggies on her plate and hope one or two sprigs of broccoli make it past those cute pouty lips.

On the plus side, Hubby and I discussed starting a composte pile in the spring so we don't feel so guilty about throwing out all the food. This goes right along with my plans to start a veggie and herb garden in hopes of saving some $$ in the produce aisle. Speaking of... I need to start doing some research and figure out what I'm going to grow in my very first garden!
Print

No comments:

Post a Comment