Sunday, January 17, 2010

What we're having for dinner this week

A few friends have recently recommended the Skinny Weight Watchers Recipe Blog and for some strange reason, it took me a few days to click on the link and check it out. I'm not sure what I was expecting but suffices to say, I was blown away. There are so many amazingly delicious looking recipes, many of which require very little-to-no modification for them to be safe for us to eat. I've worked a few new things into our menu this week and I'm very excited to try them out. Probably a little too excited. I was practically giddy in the grocery store this afternoon! It's easy to forget that you don't have to sacrifice flavor when your diet is so limited.

Tonight: beef stew
Monday: baked garlic lemon tilapia*, rosemary roasted potatoes & roasted broccoli
Tuesday: sofrito-marinated steak, sweet potatoes & sauteed brussels sprouts*
Wednesday: salmon on a bed of lentils
Thursday: garlic lime marinated pork chops*, cilantro lime quinoa*, sauteed zucchini julienne*
Friday: white bean turkey chili*, garden salad
Saturday: leftover turkey chili since we'll be at a bday party most of the day
Sunday: tuna salad sandwiches with avocado "mayonnaise" on GF vegan flatbread and some kind of variation on the escarole soup with turkey meatballs*. I'll have to tweak it quite a bit.

I'll try to post the recipes with my variations & reviews as I go along.

*new recipes from the WW Recipe Blog
Print

No comments:

Post a Comment